For Exchange Students

Shandong University is a higher learning institution open to the world. Over the years, Shandong University has established a broad international network for educational cooperation and has signed exchange agreements with over 70 universities from over 50 countries. The university becomes an important education base for international students. We have almost 100 exchange students from our partner universities each year to pursue a short-term (either for one semester or one academic year) study here in the sring city Jinan. The students who would like to study abroad in Shandong University are warmly welcome!

Admission: How to Apply

Application documents and deadlines  

We would like to receive the following application documents befor deadline:

1.Shandong University application form for international exchange students. ( word     PDF)

2.A copy of Physical examination record for foreigner. (The original copy should kept by the students themselves) (Face pageBack page)

3.  1 Recommendation Letter

4.Academic Transcript


6.2 pieces of photo (3cm*2cm)

7.Housing application form ( word   PDF)  Click here for  Price

8.Pick up sevice application form( word     PDF)


· May 15th
if you want to enrol for the Fall semester (September - January) 
· November 25th 
if you want to enrol for the Spring semester (January/February - June)

© Copyright© 2009, International Office SDU All rights reserved.

Documents   Return address

Program Officer
International Office,
Shandong University
27, Shanda Nanlu
Jinan,China 250100


· For exchange student who is nominated by the home university for participation in a reciprocal (two-way) exchange programme will be granted exemption of tuition fees. 

How to apply for a visa

After receiving the application documents, SDU will start to assess your application and inform you about your admission. The applicants will receive an Admission Notice of Shandong University and Visa Application Form for Foreigners Who Want to Study in China in June/December.

The applicants can Apply for visa of X or F type at the local embassy
or consulate of the People¡¯s Republic of China with:
·the Admission Notice,
·the Visa application Form for Foreigners Who Want to Study in China,
·and the original Physical Examination Record for Foreigners.